[XeTeX] arabxetex Fonts are not connected

Marek Stepanek marek at munich-taxis.de
Thu May 22 16:13:48 CEST 2008

On 22.05.2008 15:36, "Jonathan Kew" <jonathan_kew at sil.org> wrote:

> The issue isn't the output driver, but the fact that the font is
> being loaded with the option /ICU which forces OpenType-based
> rendering. That's correct for OpenType fonts, but not for AAT; for
> those, you want the /AAT option instead. (Or specify neither, and
> xetex should pick the appropriate one by default.)
>
> If you're loading the font through fontspec, the option
> [Renderer=AAT] should do this, or just *remove* [Renderer=ICU] if you
> currently have that.
>
> JK

Thank you Jonathan,

did you mean like that:

\usepackage[Renderer=AAT]{fontspec}

Or are you speaking of a sort of preference for the package fontspec?
(Indulgence! I am beginner!)

In any case, with this "option" I get the following error:

% xelatex xetex_ex02.tex

! LaTeX Error: Unknown option `Renderer=AAT' for package `fontspec'.

and later the same error as before:

Package fontspec Warning:
    Font "Lateef-AAT/ICU"does not contain script 'Arabic'

greetings

marek