[XeTeX] arabxetex Fonts are not connected

Marek Stepanek marek at munich-taxis.de
Thu May 22 16:00:37 CEST 2008

On 22.05.2008 15:24, "François Charette" <firmicus at ankabut.net> wrote:

> My guess is that you are processing an AAT font with xdvipdfmx instead of
> xdv2pdf. You should either use the OpenType version (Scheherazade.ttf) or try
> the AAT version with xdv2pdf (by calling xelatex --output-driver=xdv2pdf). But
> Mac users should be better placed to help you on this.

Merci François,

est-ce que j'ai bien compris? I made in my Terminal:

 % xelatex --output-driver=xdv2pdf xetex_ex02.tex

But I got the same errors, and the arabic fonts are not connected. Also
changing the font from:

\newfontfamily\arabicfont[Script=Arabic,Scale=1.2]{Scheherazade-AAT}

to:

\newfontfamily\arabicfont[Script=Arabic,Scale=1.2]{Lateef-AAT}

did not help. The error message is:

Package fontspec Warning:
    Font "Lateef-AAT/ICU"does not contain script 'Arabic'

Thank you again

marek