[XeTeX] [XeLaTeX-MikTeX 2.7] compilation error with french characters

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed May 21 23:48:27 CEST 2008

On 21 May 2008, at 10:39 pm, Alain PIERRE wrote:

>> Did you update MikTeX's file database?
>
> Yes, I launched the MikTeX updater ( and ran it twice to make sure all
> were downloaded ) before installing polyglossia.

No, that's not what François means. After manually adding new files
in the MikTeX texmf tree, you need to go to the MikTex Options (Start|
All Programs|MikTex 2.7|Settings), select the General tab, then click
"Refresh FNDB". (Or whatever the French equivalent is.)

This is to update MikTeX's database of what files you actually have
on your system (not what files are available through the distribution).