[XeTeX] Content-Type in XeTeX Digest

Barry MacKichan barry.mackichan at mackichan.com
Wed May 21 19:46:29 CEST 2008

This is not a XeTeX question, but a question about the mail for this
list. I get the XeTeX Digest, and for months (from the time I joined) I
have been seeing lots of question marks, such as in the snippet below.
It sounds like the rest of you are seeing more. When I change the
character encoding in my email client to UTF-8 (Thunderbird) it makes no
difference. (FWIW, I can display Korean and Russian spam with no problem).

When I look at the complete headers for a XeTeX Digest message, I see:

My understanding is that pipermail at tex.org is setting those headers.

My questions: Is anyone else having this problem? Is it my problem or is
it TUG's? Any suggestions?

--Barry