[XeTeX] [XeLaTeX-MikTeX 2.7] compilation error with french characters

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Wed May 21 03:34:20 CEST 2008

> Excuse me my ignorance: the obvious reasons being... ?

  Bernard Gaulle passed away a year ago.

  He was the first author of frenchpro and frenchle – and, for all I
know, the only significant contributor – and his death leaves little
hope that anyone would continue his work, as he explicitely chose a
non-free license (at least for frenchpro).  It is an unfortunate
situation, and I hope there will be some solution to it, but there seems
to be no simple one.

	Arthur