[XeTeX] XeTeX specials

Lillie Bennett lillie.bennett at gmail.com
Sat May 17 04:37:42 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I'm new to XeTeX but have been using pdfTeX for a number of years
setting directories using plain TeX and heavily modified parts of
eplain. I've been supporting limited UTF-8, painfully, in pdfTeX so when
I heard of XeTeX, woo hoo!

Is it true that xdvipdfmx is the default driver the XeTeX runs? I
haven't been able to find specific docs on it though the dvipdfm(x)
manuals are very nice.

I'm looking for the XeTeX equivalents to pdfTeX's \pdfhorigin and
\pdfvorigin but these are probably handled in dvipdfm. Also the list of
\specials for XeTeX. These offsets change a lot for me so it would be
nice to be able to specify them from the TeX code.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to answer these questions?

Thanks,
Lillie