[XeTeX] problem with a font (again)

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Fri May 16 23:43:36 CEST 2008

[Two weeks ago I sent this messge to the list, but I got no reply.]

Using a the Army font (http://www.dafont.com/army.font) with the
xdvipdfmx contained in TL 2007 gives me the following error message:

DVI Comment:  XeTeX output 2008.04.30:1718
a.xdv -> a.pdf
<AGL:texglyphlist.txt>[1<Army(Army:Regular)@9.96pt<NATIVE-FONTMAP:Army/H>
fontmap: Army/H -> /usr/share/fonts/drakfont/otf/Army.ttf(Identity-H)

pdf_font>> Input encoding "Identity-H" requires at least 2 bytes.
pdf_font>> The -m <00> option will be assumed for
"/usr/share/fonts/drakfont/otf/Army.ttf".

** ERROR ** sfnt: Freetype failure...

FreeType is 2.3.5. I remember that I was able to use this font with
previous versions of xdvipdfmx (and xetex). Is this a bug in xdvipdfmx?
If so, has it been fixed in the devel version?

I have another unrelated question: is there a command to make an object
completely transparent without having to specify the color? I'm thinking
of texts, but being able to set transparency independently from colors
may be very useful in some circunstances.

Thanks for your help,

Pablo