[XeTeX] Temporarily change font

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Fri May 16 05:31:54 CEST 2008

On 16/05/2008, at 12:50 PM, Steven Woody wrote:

> In my document, I need to temporarily change to another font for one
> statement and then change back to the main roman font. How do i do
> this?  Thank you.

You want to do something like this:

normal text {\fontspec{Zapfino} different text} normal text.

Most things in LaTeX are scoped by braces. If you will be using the
"other font" many times, then it would be better to write

\newfontfamily\otherfont{Zapfino}
normal text {\otherfont different text} normal text.

Then you can change every single one by editing the \otherfont
definition rather than a possibly error-prone search/replace.

Will