[XeTeX] Footnote mark not superscript

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu May 15 12:38:28 CEST 2008

Am 15.05.2008 um 12:25 schrieb Will Robertson:

> I'm not really sure what you're trying to show me here. From the
> output you're sending, it looks like you're trying to select
> uppercase (or lining) numbers in fonts that don't contain those
> features, and fontspec is warning you about it. What's the problem?

It's the problem that Kirk Lowery also has. Although the fonts are
providing superscript digits (according to OpenType-info.tex and
others) they do not get selected for footnote marks. And I am using
at least in one test the same font as you and fail ...

Could be Kirk's code

	\defaultfontfeatures{Scale=MatchLowercase}
	\setmainfont[Numbers=Uppercase]{Palatino Linotype}

is simply inappropriate!

--
Greetings

   Pete

It's not the valleys in life I dread so much as the dips.
				– Garfield