[XeTeX] Footnote mark not superscript

Kirk Lowery empirical.humanist at gmail.com
Wed May 14 16:18:39 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 7:27 PM, Will Robertson <wspr81 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14/05/2008, at 7:58 AM, Kirk Lowery wrote:
>

> > I'm using xelatex + memoir and the Palatino Linotype font. The
> > footnote mark in the text is correct, but in the footnote it is not
> > superscript, which is the memoir default.
> >

>  Sorry, this is a problem with an earlier version of xltxtra that has now
> been fixed. If you're not willing to upgrade to a development version at
> this stage (TeXLive2008 will be released "soon"), you can just remove
> \usepackage{xltxtra}.

Just a followup. I updated xltxtra from CTAN and installed it. Now it
was worse! Now both footnote markers (inline and at the bottom) were
normal and not superscript.

As an experiment, I tried both Hoefler Text and plain Palatino. Both
formatted as expected with superscripts. So the issue is with Palatino
Linotype. (I wonder if it could be made to work. But I don't know that
much about the internals of fonts...yet.) Moving on to using another
font....

Thanks again for your help.

Kirk