[XeTeX] Changing font for equations

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Fri May 9 02:38:20 CEST 2008

On 09/05/2008, at 7:43 AM, Easter Sunshine wrote:

> Is there a way to override the font used to typeset
> equations?

It sounds like you already are. Andrew Moschou sent an example to the
list a couple of weeks back on how to do this for arbitrary fontspec
fonts, but there's no package support yet.

> My mainfont was set to Minion Pro but some
> of the characters are like $\circ$ and $\times$ are
> not showing up. I'd like to revert to Computer Modern.

Please send a minimal example demonstrating the problem and we might
be able to fix the problem.

***

By the way, does no-one read the fontspec manual? :) \setmathrm sets
the font used in \mathrm, funnily enough. It's not going to change the
maths font! Should I change that command to
"\setthefontusedinsidemathrmbutnotthemathsfontitself"?

***

Also, unicode-math at present is only designed for OpenType fonts with
maths support, of which the only choices are Cambria Math (non-free)
and Asana Math (free).

Thanks,
Will