[XeTeX] xelatex, memoir and glossaries

Kirk Lowery empirical.humanist at gmail.com
Thu May 8 16:04:16 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 3:37 AM, Will Robertson <wspr81 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  If you're not already using it, there's a much improved package on CTAN
> called "glossaries" by Nicola Talbot:
>   <http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/glossaries.html>
>  I would hope that it would work without conflict with memoir.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, it does conflict with memoir, just
like glossary.sty does. On the minimal example I get the error
message:

(/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/xkeyval/keyval.tex)))
(/Users/klowery/Library/texmf/tex/latex/glossaries/base/mfirstuc.sty
Package: mfirstuc 2008/03/08 v1.0 (NLCT)
)
(/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsmath/amsgen.sty
File: amsgen.sty 1999/11/30 v2.0
\@emptytoks=\toks23
\ex@=\dimen144
)
\@gls at tmpb=\toks24
\istfile=\write4

! LaTeX Error: Command \printglossary already defined.
               Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.1250 }

Which is curious, since glossaries uses \printglossaries. There's no
way to file a bug on memoir that I know of, but I might post it on
comp.text.tex...

Thanks again.

Kirk