[XeTeX] Res: Res: Minion Pro and Japanese text

Atsuhito Kohda kohda at pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp
Mon May 5 10:24:00 CEST 2008

Hi all,

On Sun, 4 May 2008 07:19:45 -0700 (PDT), Wilfred van Rooijen wrote:

> Adobe Acrobat Reader comes with two Japanese-capable
> fonts, IF one downloads the 'Japanese language pack'
> from the Adobe site. It contains two fonts:
>
> Kozuka Mincho Pro-VI
> Kozuka Gothic Pro-VI

As far as I know, it is commonly understood in Japan that
these fonts are not free enough so it is wrong to use these
fonts with XeTeX (or other Japanese TeX).

However, it looks to me many members in this lists consider
these fonts to be free and there is no problem to use them
with XeTeX.

Is there any commonly known evidence that these fonts are
free enough so we can freely use them with XeTeX?

Thanks in advance.
				2008-5-5(Mon)
--
 Debian Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>