[XeTeX] Automatic font selection

Mi CHIN chenmi1999 at gmail.com
Mon May 5 05:07:09 CEST 2008

I'v no idea what do you mean by non-latin characters? Does it mean
Chinese? Japanese?

If your document has both Chinese characters and Latin characters, you
could try zhspacing, this package supply several commands to specify
fonts for Chinese characters, while you can still use fontspec to
control fonts for Latin characters:)

Otherwise, you should do more search or try to understand how
zhspacing works and write a new one suitable for your use.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Anuradha Ratnaweera
<anuradha at taprobane.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I have a feeling that this is an FAQ and has been answered before, but
>  I couldn't find it, hence this post.
>
>  Is there a way to set the font automatically depending on the
>  character.  Let's say have a document with latin characters and
>  another language whose Unicode code points are between 0xaaaa and
>  0xbbbb.  I like to switch to font FOO whenever for the non-latin
>  characters.
>
>  Character classes looks promising, but still didn't hit any luck there either.
>
>  The closest I found was is this package.
>
>  http://code.google.com/p/zhspacing/
>
>  Any suggestions?
>
>         Anuradha
>  --