[XeTeX] Res: Minion Pro and Japanese text

Andrew Moschou andmos at gmail.com
Sun May 4 06:48:13 CEST 2008

Hi Flavio,

Minion Pro definitely does not have Japanese glyphs; see
http://store3.adobe.com/type/browser/pdfs/MINP/MinionPro-Regular.pdf and
http://store3.adobe.com/type/browser/pdfs/MINP/MinionPro-It.pdf for a list
of glyphs in Minion Pro regular and italic. This is a "special feature" of
Character Map (perhaps Windows in general?) to substitute missing glyphs
from another font. It's quite horrible because we can not easily audition a
font without opening the font in some font editor where we can see a
definitive list of glyphs in the font. There are plenty demo versions of
font editors that you can download and use to do this.

Andrew