[XeTeX] Automatic font switching

nico nicolas.marsgui at libertysurf.fr
Sun Mar 30 20:38:15 CEST 2008

Hello,

Is there a way with xetex to define several fonts for several ranges of
unicode characters, so that you don't need to put \fontmain for each part
of a document handling a language needing a specific font (like CJK
languages)?

If not, is it planned to add such a feature, and when? I just ask, since
if it does not exist I'll try to wrap the compilation with some kind of
python script that would insert the macros according to the characters. Of
course, I would prefer if it could be done by xetex itself.

Thanks,
BG