[XeTeX] Is there an easy how-to use pgf with xelatex?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 10:42:48 CET 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Søren Christensen wrote:
> I use komascript letter-class and have both graphicx and pgf-commands,
>  what should I specify for driver?
>
>  I downloaded the MacTex-package (.dmg) from tug (I guess its TeXLive 2007,
>  so maybe I need to upgrade).
>
>  I got the error-message: "pgfsys-xetex.def" not found.
>
>  I would like to get a hint for a solution.

Just download the latest version of pgf (2.00) and put it to
$TEXMFLOCAL or $TEXMFHOME (I don't know where that is in MacTeX, but
one is probably in your home dir and the other one where the rest of
MacTeX gets installed), or just replace the old files, run mktexlsr
and then it should work automatically. TikZ version from TeX Live is
too old, but you won't get any "newer TeX Live" or MacTeX until
summer, so you need to update it manually.

Mojca