[XeTeX] koma-script in landscape and xelatex

Alex Hamann Alexander.Hamann at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Mar 26 18:35:12 CET 2008

Hi list,
has anybody ever tested to create a pdf in landscape format with the
koma-script classes and xelatex?
I struggle hard, but this preamble will set the text in landscape but
not so the page itself.

\documentclass[a4paper,landscape]{scrartcl}
\usepackage{fontspec,xunicode}
\begin{document}
hohoho
\end{document}

I was able to get what I want by switching to latex and iso-latin-1
but just adding or removing a single package (e.g. babel) could lead
to the same outcome as described above.
Is landscape known to be a fragile option? Can anyone get the above
example to produce correct landscape outcome?
Help much appreciated,

Alex