[XeTeX] XeTeX and diacritics

Arash Zeini azeini at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 21:04:54 CET 2008

----- Original Message ----
From: Daniel Stender <uzstzm at uni-bonn.de>
To: Unicode-based TeX for Mac OS X and other platforms <xetex at tug.org>
Sent: Monday, 24 March, 2008 7:38:50 PM
Subject: Re: [XeTeX] XeTeX and diacritics

>>  It  is  very  strange  that  this  change  makes  the  difference.
>>  There  must  be  more  going  on  ---  such  as,  one  of  your  packages
>> making  a  change  to  how  \footnotesize  works.
>>
>> Would  you  post  a  complete  example  which  includes  the  full
>>  LaTeX  preamble  that  you  are  using,  and  any  non-standard  class
>> or  package  files.

> It's  a  funny  phenomenon,  isn't  it?  I've  attached  a  demo  file
> and  the  resulting  pdf.
>
> Daniel  stender

Just to confirm a similar behaviour in XeTeX:
I use ʾ\b{P}-š in LaTeX to produce an Alif-underlined P-hyphen-š. The same command in XeTeX produces the same result with the difference of a duplicated hyphen. I had to enclose the hyphen in {} to get rid of the problem. Is there a relationship between these phenomena?

Arash