[XeTeX] XeTeX Digest, Vol 48, Issue 26

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Wed Mar 19 05:37:24 CET 2008

> Is there anyone around who knows how fonts in the wild expect these
> features to be used?

  I suppose the definitive answer is in Microsoft's OpenType specs:
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec150/featuretags.htm whose new
draft version has just been released publicly today, by the way (or
yesterday, depending on your time zone ...)

  I really think there is no better theoretical answer; but then, of
course, you want to take into consideration the state-of-the-art
implementation in mainstream layout engines, and the actual fonts that
XeTeX users will have, which may uncover a different situation.

	Arthur