[XeTeX] Cannot load dislocated image file

Sven Siegmund sven.siegmund at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 13:39:34 CET 2008

Thanks, that helped. Yes, indeed, the initial slash was the problem.

Another problem was the double quotes. I had to use single quotes
because with double quotes I cound not further spcify the width of the
picture.

i.e.

\XeTeXpicfile "img/maerklin-schienentypen-h0.jpg" width 10cm
did not work, but

\XeTeXpicfile 'img/maerklin-schienentypen-h0.jpg' width 10cm
works ok.

Another problem, which I am trying to solve now is the centering of the image.

my source is now

\begin{figure}[htp]
\centering
\XeTeXpicfile 'img/maerklin-schienentypen-h0.jpg' width 10cm
\caption{Gleistypen}
\label{fig:gleistypen}
\end{figure}

but the yentering command did not affect the position of the picture file.

S.