[XeTeX] bug for XeTeXdefaultencoding?

SUN Wenchang sunwch at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 14 08:02:25 CET 2008

Hi,

I had trouble with \XeTeXdaultencoding. The following tex file can not be compiled correctly:

\XeTeXdefaultencoding "GBK"\documentclass{article}\usepackage{fontspec}\setmainfont{SimSun}\begin{document}
\tableofcontents\section{中文}中文\end{document}
I find that the "output encoding" used in aux, toc, ... is always UTF8, no mater which input encoding is used.
As a result, to change the default encoding may get into troubles.

PS: Changing the default encoding is useful with Windows + WinEdt.

Wenchang