[XeTeX] Useful link, and issue of FAQ/Wiki

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Fri Mar 14 08:50:15 CET 2008

Hello everyone,

Here is a reference to the slides accompanying a very detailed and
informative talk entitled "Unicode, OpenType et XeTeX" presented by
Michel Goossens (CERN) at GUT2007 (the annual meeting of the French TeX
user group). Even if your knowledge of French is minimal, it is
definitively worth a look!

http://www.gutenberg.eu.org/IMG/pdf/gut2007u.pdf

BTW, this reminds me that we would greatly benefit from a FAQ and/or a
Wiki (yes, I know this has been mentioned already!) where essential
information and links to online documents such as the one above would be
available for newcomers. I realize people on this list are exceptionally
helpful and courteous, but it seems to me that anwering the same
"frequently asked questions" again and again could be avoided to the
benefit of everyone, don't you think? :-)

I hope someone here can take the initiative of setting up a XeTeX wiki
to which we could all contribute. Also, it would be great if someone
could update the information on XeTeX provided here:
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=xetex (send your
suggestion to faq-devel at tex.ac.uk)

Kind regards,
François