[XeTeX] ThreeKingdomsCh1.tex example in XeLaTeX document (Cyril Niklaus) (Jjgod Jiang)

Jjgod Jiang gzjjgod at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 07:53:37 CET 2008

Hi David,

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, David Rangel wrote:
> I have been unable to resolve the issue of vertical text, however:
>
> I added the packages gezhu.sty, the styles in the zhspacing package.
> However, my
> TeXLive 2007 (current) installation returns the error when using these
> packages:
>
> (/Users/rangel/texmf/tex/latex/zhspacing.sty
> ! XeTeX 0.997 or above required to use zhspacing.
> l.83 ... 0.997 or above required to use zhspacing}

Unfortunately, to use the upcoming (!) release 0.997, currently you still
have to fetch XeTeX source code from Subversion and build it yourself, I'm
not aware any binary distribution on Mac OS X available. Please search the
list archive for detailed instructions.

Jonathan: Since it has been requested many times, wouldn't be nice if you
can release binary package of current TRUNK as beta?

- Jiang