[XeTeX] XeTeX Digest, Vol 48, Issue 13

Sven Siegmund sven.siegmund at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 08:19:50 CET 2008

Hi Barry,

have you considered the option of the fontspec package to define
shortcuts for selecting fonts? You take Adobe Garamond Pro as the main
font:

   \setmainfont{Adobe Garamond Pro}

and if you want Adobe hebrew for short runs of Hebrew text, you can
define a font selection command, e.g.  \heb:

   \newfontfamily{\heb}[Script=Hebrew]{Adobe Hebrew}

It's just that you have to select the font manually every time the
Script changes. I can imagine, if you do this 5 time on a page, you
eventually want XeTeX or fontspec to be more intelligent and recognize
the script used just by the code values of Characters used. Yes, that
would be great. I jsut can't judge how much effort it would take to
enable that.

S.