[XeTeX] XeTeX Digest, Vol 48, Issue 13

Barry MacKichan barry at mackichan.com
Sun Mar 9 05:38:09 CET 2008

I'd like to express my support for this idea.
Would it be worth considering an enhancement to fontspec so that we
could write, e.g.,
\setmainfont[UprightFont={Hebrew={Adobe Hebrew},CJK={NSimSun}}]{Adobe
Garamond Pro]
to choose 'Adobe Garamond Pro' as the main font, except in the Hebrew
unicode area, in which case use 'Adobe Hebrew', and the CJK area, in
which case use 'NSimSun'?

I realize this is a significant amount of work, but it would free
authors of multilingual works to choose the best available fonts for
each language. The syntax would probably be different from my example,
which I made up without much thought.

--Barry MacKichan