[XeTeX] Problem with Tamil font (InaiMathi) on OS X 10.5

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sat Mar 8 01:39:29 CET 2008

On 8 Mar 2008, at 12:31 am, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 08/03/2008, at 10:39 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>
>> On 7 Mar 2008, at 2:08 pm, Lammert, Richard A. wrote:
>>
>>> I have been working with the Apple-supplied Tamil font, InaiMathi,
>>> on Mac OS X 10.4 with no problem. As I move to Mac OS X 10.5,
>>> typesetting stops when the InaiMathi font is encountered.
>>
>> How odd --
>
> Indeed.
> The example file works for me.

Oh, it does? On 10.5.2, is that?

In that case, Richard, I suggest you try clearing the font caches on
your system. Leopard seems quite susceptible to font cache problems,
from what I've seen reported. Tools like Linotype FontExplorer can do
this, or other utilities (I'm sure they've been discussed on this
list or the Mac OS X TeX list previously).