[XeTeX] Problem with Tamil font (InaiMathi) on OS X 10.5

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sat Mar 8 01:09:26 CET 2008

On 7 Mar 2008, at 2:08 pm, Lammert, Richard A. wrote:

> I have been working with the Apple-supplied Tamil font, InaiMathi,
> on Mac OS X 10.4 with no problem. As I move to Mac OS X 10.5,
> typesetting stops when the InaiMathi font is encountered.

How odd -- either it can't find the font, or it gets an error when
trying to initialize ATSUI to use it, and so rejects it as unusable.
I wonder why, given that it works elsewhere.

If you have machines with both 10.4 and 10.5 available, could you try
the older font on 10.5 and/or the newer one on 10.4, to check whether
it's the OS version or the font version that is significant?

Could anyone else using Leopard confirm whether you see the same
behavior? I'm still running 10.4, and won't have a chance to try
anything on 10.5 until sometime next week at the earliest.