[XeTeX] How do I build xdvipdfmx (or xdv2pdf) on Windows?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Mar 7 22:08:27 CET 2008

On Mar 7, 2008, at 12:14 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> What I'm a bit surprised by, is that the updated TeX and LaTeX support
> files are installed in texmf-local: I would have thought these would
> replace the old files in texmf-dist, in the same way as the updated
> binaries have replaced the old ones in texbin. Maybe this is just
> standard TeXLive policy, after all.
>
> Bruno Voisin

Howdy,

The only bad consequence of installing those files in texmf-local is
that they will take precedence over updated files when TeX Live 2008
comes out. i know that I'll forget that they are there by the time
that come about :-).

By the way Bruno, I assume the build went fine after you used you
configuration command. I saved that since it seemed to be the right
thing. Luckily i still have gwTeX with its kpathsea library. I hope
TeX Live 2008 will include the includes and libs directories for the
`hackers.'

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)