[XeTeX] How do I build xdvipdfmx (or xdv2pdf) on Windows?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Mar 7 13:52:55 CET 2008

On 7 Mar 2008, at 12:31 pm, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> - However if I just cd to TRUNK and run build-xetex, the script fails
> while running configure for xdvipdfmx, ending up with:
>
> checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... (cached) no
> checking for char... yes
> checking size of char... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof
> (char)
> See `config.log' for more details.
> configure: error: ../../../texk/xdvipdfmx/configure failed for
> xdvipdfmx
> configure: error: ../../texk/configure failed for texk
> ### configure script appears to have failed
>
> This failure had been traced back in the past to the absence of the
> dynamic png libraries.

I just "hid" my installed png libs (by moving /usr/local/lib and /usr/
local/include aside), and build-xetex still runs successfully for me.
The default build script is supposed to use its own static libs
anyway, ignoring any you have installed. So I'm not sure that's the
problem in this case.

When configure quits, it should leave a config.log file; that may
provide more clue as to what's failing.