[XeTeX] TECkit help

Grzegorz Murzynowski natror at o2.pl
Thu Jun 19 12:20:29 CEST 2008

Glen Wilson pisze:
> Hello All,
>
> I have been struggling all day trying to figure out how to map s' (or
> something like that) to a long latin s (U+017f).

It happens I have a map for long s. It maps just “s” occuring not at the
end of a word and maps “ss” to “ß”.

I also introduced mappings that protect “Mendelssohn” and “Janssons” against
ß ligature: $ssohn\mapsto ssohn$ and $sson\mapsto sson$. (The
mapping does not process line by line, in which case
$\ss ohn\mapsto ssohn$ would be appropriate, but probably uses the
longest match, what I~infer from mappings -{}-${}\mapsto{}$-- and
\emph{then, next line}, -{}-{}-${}\mapsto{}$---.

I~symbolically linked teckit_compile to \~/bin.

The directory where the map file should be is something like
~/texmf/fonts/misc/xetex/fontmapping/
And then I typed (in that directory)

teckit_compile tex-text-PL-lig-s.map

and of course mktexlsr

I attach both the source and the compiled file. Have fun.
(I'm not sure whether the mailing list passes the attachments so I allow
myself to send them also directly to you).

Have fun,

Grzegorz Murzynowski.