[XeTeX] loosing some active characters

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Fri Jun 13 09:24:31 CEST 2008

Am Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:01:46 +0200 schrieb
francois.patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr:

> | If you're loading fonts in xelatex through fontspec, you want to
> | apply the "tex-text" font mapping to provide this functionality:
> |
> |    \documentclass{....}
> |    \usepackage{fontspec}
> |    \setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{MyFontName}
> |    ....etc...
>
> OK. Thanks, this works if I load "MyFontName" explicitely but, if I do
> not load any fonts as main fonts, and, so, use the default lmodern (as
> far as I understand), this is without any effect (nor the following
> instructions).

With a current version of the euenc-package (and the current opentype
version of the lmodern-fonts) the mapping should be working by default.

You can get both on CTAN.

tex-archive/macros/xetex/latex/euenc/
tex-archive/fonts/lm/fonts/opentype/

You can also reload the fonts in your document and change the features:

\setmainfont[SmallCapsFont={* Caps},
             Mapping=tex-text]{Latin Modern Roman}
\setsansfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Latin Modern Sans}
\setmonofont[SmallCapsFont={* Caps}]{Latin Modern Mono}

--
Ulrike Fischer