[XeTeX] XeTeX at GSC

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri Jun 6 17:48:01 CEST 2008

> To Arthur: best of luck!

  Thanks!  I was inspired by discussions on this list (as well as on the
ConTeXt list), and as I started thinking about how well Unicode is
supported in TeX systems today, I realized that there were still quite a
bit of work to do in that area.  This led me to submit the original
proposal.  Interestingly enough, I mentioned normalization as one of my
major points of interest, and right after Jonathan came up with macros
to normalize XeTeX's input, which he presented at BachoTeX ;-)  I
haven't experimented with them yet (I have focused on LuaTeX), but I
will report to the list when I come to it.

  I upload files to http://code.google.com/p/unitex/ in case anyone's
interested (this is the “link below” I mentioned in the proposal
summary, but for some reason it got stripped off).

	Arthur