[XeTeX] fontspec and kpfonts

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 09:50:54 CEST 2008

Hi Ulrike,

Thanks for clearing up these points. To be honest, I basically never
mix fontspec-loaded fonts with other fonts of other encodings so I'm
glad you're around to give good advice. If there's any changes I can
make to fontspec to make things like this easier please let me know.

On 06/06/2008, at 5:09 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> \setmainfont{[jkpmn8a.pfb]}

Careful with this...it will generally work if you're not trying to use
any fontspec font-options (not that you would for a .pfb font anyway)
but as soon as you try something like
   \fontspec[Numbers=OldStyle]{[xyz.otf]}
you'll run into problems.

I'm thinking of adding some parsing code to fontspec so that the above
is equivalent to
   \fontspec[ExternalLocation,Numbers=OldStyle]{xyz.otf}
(or, even easier, recognising the .otf suffix in the font name and
implicitly applying ExternalLocation) but for now it's best to stick
to the explicit syntax shown here.

Many thanks,
Will