[XeTeX] PSTricks and XeTeX problem in Ubuntu Linux

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 3 14:29:10 CEST 2008

In case it is of any relevance, I have had trouble with some PSTricks commands, though others work.  \rput and \psscalebox are among those that seem to work without any problems, but line-drawing commands are unpredictable:  a single line between two pieces of text seems to work OK, but another line on the same page will fail, and (curiously) sometimes a line that is given correctly on one page will reappear at the same co-ordinates on the next page.   The latter phenomenon seems to occur whenever there is another line command on that page:  the actual command is ignored but the command on the preceding page seems to be invoked for no apparent reason.

In all cases the file compiles correctly and no errors are reported.

I am hoping that all this will be sorted out in the 2008 distribution!

John