[XeTeX] set trimbox and cropbox and artbox?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Tue Jul 29 15:12:56 CEST 2008

Le 29 juil. 08 à 14:08, William Adams a écrit :

> I've finally reached a point where I really need to be able to do
> this, preferably w/o post-processing the .pdf --- xetex doesn't grok
> pdfliteral AFAICT, so I tried:
>
> \begin{document}\special{/TrimBox[9.0 9.0 621.0 801.0]}
>
> which didn't work.

Are you using a recent version of XeTeX, using by default the
xdvipdfmx XDVI-to-PDF driver?

If so, did you try the syntax specified in the dvipdfm manual (on the
Mac, see /Library/TeX/Documentation/texmf-doc/dvipdfm/dvipdfm.pdf):

- The syntax \special{pdf: [...]} for raw PDF commmands, as in

	\special{ pdf: out 1 << /Title (Introduction)
		/Dest [ 1 0 R /FitH 234 ] >>

- The syntax \special{ps: [...]} for raw PS commands, with the proviso
that only a few PS commands are supported.

Not sure whether this helps, as I know nothing about raw PDF or PS
myself.

Bruno Voisin