[XeTeX] How to fake SmallCaps in Fontspec?

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Thu Jul 17 21:04:36 CEST 2008

>>>>> "Sven" == Sven Siegmund <sven.siegmund at gmail.com> writes:

Sven> I use DejaVu fonts but they don't have small caps.
Sven> I really need such thing so I want at least fake them.

If you'd like to do some development, George has added support to
fontforge for generating true small caps from existing caps.

It should be a relatively simple operation to use that dialog to add
the .sc glyphs, and a bit of legwork to add the relevant OpenType
features.

I beleive a patch adding those glyphs and features to the fonts would
be welcome.  They'd prefer a patch for all of the faces, but are likely
to accept one for just all_serif, all_sans or all_mono....

-JimC