[XeTeX] : Minimal XeTeX-compatible beamer document

Sven Siegmund sven.siegmund at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 12:29:47 CEST 2008

> U can try adding dvipdfm option to ur beamer class
> \documentclass[dvipdfm]{beamer}

Thank you, that worked a way better. Now I have dared to add some
standars XeTeX packages and font-selection commands:

\documentclass[dvipdfm]{beamer}
\usepackage{xunicode} % handle Unicode
\usepackage{xltxtra} % XeTeX extras
\usepackage{fontspec} % access TTF/OTF fonts
\setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{DejaVu Serif} % use this font and
handle `` "" -- ---
\setmonofont[Mapping=tex-text,Scale=MatchLowercase]{DejaVu Sans Mono}
% use this mono font.
\setsansfont[Mapping=tex-text,Scale=MatchLowercase]{DejaVu Sans} % use
this sans font.

\begin{document}

\begin{frame}
Some text.
\end{frame}

\end{document}

When compiling this some issues remain:
(C:\MiKTeX\tex\latex\pgf\basiclayer\pgfbaseimage.sty
Package pgf Warning: This package is obsolete and no longer needed on
input line 13.
I think this is beamer-internal issue that it needs to use some
obsolete style. Or can we do something about it?

then this:

(C:\MiKTeX\tex\generic\oberdiek\ifpdf.sty))
Package hyperref Warning: Option `pdfpagelabels' is turned off
(hyperref)                because \thepage is undefined.
Hyperref stopped early
)
*hyperref using driver hdvipdfm*
(C:\MiKTeX\tex\latex\hyperref\hdvipdfm.def)

What's about this hyperref package? Is it for clickable
corssreferences in the resulting PDF? If so, then it is quite useful
for me. How can I get it to work?

S.