[XeTeX] : Minimal XeTeX-compatible beamer document

Sven Siegmund sven.siegmund at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 12:06:59 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am struggling with the beamer package and XeTeX. I have had a quick
look on a discussion in this mailing list about too many warnings when
compiling \documentclass{beamer}. I am still new to XeTeX and I have
never used LaTeX before so I really could not figure out from the
discussion what is the cause of the warnings. It is something about
the beamer class that it still wants to work with PostScript, and
XeTeX has direct output to PDF but that's really all I could get from
the whole discussion.

Right now I am trying to set up a minimal XeTeX beamer class document
which I could somehow compile.

I began with this:

\documentclass{beamer}
\begin{document}
\begin{frame}
Some text.
\end{frame}
\end{document}

then I run "xelatex sample.tex" and what I get is about 1000 warnings
and at last some PDF which says "Some text."

the last warning did look like this:

** WARNING ** Interpreting PS code failed!!! Output might be broken!!!
** WARNING ** Interpreting special command ps: (ps:) failed.
** WARNING ** >> at page="1" position="(-28.3464, -1.2643e-005)" (in PDF)
** WARNING ** >> xxx "ps:SDict begin [ /View [/XYZ H.V] /Dest (page.1) cvn /DEST
 p..."
** WARNING ** >> Reading special command stopped around >>begin [ /View [/XYZ H.
V] /Dest (page.1) cvn /DEST pdfmark en.<<

Output written on sample.pdf (1 page).
Transcript written on sample.log.

What shall I do to use the beamer class with XeTeX correctly?

S.