[XeTeX] xetex, fontspec, windows problems

Andrew Moschou andmos at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 04:22:33 CEST 2008

I believe OpenSolaris uses UTF-8 everywhere if its specified when installing
the OS and I'm not surprised it's a Windows problem. I've been wanting to
get back after Akira's comment after I demonstrated a font that didn't work.
That particular font actually doesn't appear in the list generated by
fc-list, and the fact that it doesn't work with [ExternalLocation], which
doesn't require the font to be listed in the fc-list list, implies that
there is some issue in reading the filename.