[XeTeX] Includegraphics and xetex

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Jul 6 13:26:32 CEST 2008

On 6 Jul 2008, at 11:52 am, Stefan Pohl wrote:

>>> Dear list,
>>>
>>> I have problems displaying graphics if I use xetex.
>
>> kind of TeX distribution (TeX Live? MikTeX? MacTeX? etc)
>
> MikTeX 2.7 Beta 4

OK, I suspect this is the problem. I have heard that some beta version
(s) of MikTeX 2.7 included a broken version of the xdvipdfmx driver
(which xetex uses to generate PDF). The result was that although
xetex (or xelatex) appears to process \includegraphics correctly, the
image is not visible in the final PDF.

Assuming that is the issue you're experiencing, the solution would be
to update MikTeX.