[XeTeX] XeLaTeX and pdfpages

Andreas Matthias amat at kabsi.at
Fri Jan 11 18:55:36 CET 2008

Cristian KLEIN wrote:

> Andreas Matthias wrote:
>>> I would like to completely switch to XeLaTeX, due to its unicode support. There
>>> is one single package that does not work, called pdfpages. I have found a
>>> supports XeLaTeX, but the link is unavailable.
>>
>> It's still there. Just the old file is missing, which was replaced
>> by new ones (version numbers, file names):
>>
>> http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e9225580/
>
> Thanks, this works. I think it should definitely go into CTAN / TexLive.

I will put it on CTAN after the next official release of XeTeX,
since pdfpages depends on primitives introduced in the not yet
release XeTeX 0.997 and checks against this version number. And
then some feature like the `fitpaper' option require a very recent
xdvipdfmx, which version number I cannot check at all. So I think
it's better to wait until the official release.

Hopefully the next officially released version of XeTeX will be
called 0.998, as Jonathan suggested once. There are way too many
different 0.997 versions out there already.

> Another problem I have observed is that xetex (freshly checked out from TRUNK)
> is unable to clip anything, neither in pdfpages, nor in \includegraphics. Are
> there any plans to solve this?

There's hope, as Jonathan said:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.xetex/1250

Whatever that means. ;-)