[XeTeX] CJK goodies in XeLaTeX

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Thu Jan 10 18:43:34 CET 2008

>                         I am looking for a free,
> OpenType Japanese font for use on linux + xetex (I
> have been able to find many TrueType Japanese fonts,
> but no otf yet).

  Adobe Japanese Font Pack (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/acrrasianfontpack.html)
contains two high-quality Japanese OpenType fonts with PostScript
outlines (which means they have the .otf extension, as Jonathan
explained).  They're of course not free in the sense of the FSF (or
other equivalent definitions ;-), but they're free of charge and they
have all sorts of OpenType features, in particular for vertical
typesetting.

	Arthur