[XeTeX] Polytonic greek and XeLaTeX

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jan 3 10:52:54 CET 2008

Am 03.01.2008 um 02:59 schrieb Ross Moore:

> With xunicode all of the following should give the same result:
>       ä \"{a} \char"00E4
> similarly with
>       ă \u{a} \char"0103
> and
>       ǎ \v{a} \char"01CE .

Sorry, Ross, I planned to write that pdfTeX is just combining two (or
more) glyphs while xunicode.sty translates the construct to the fully
composed character, which cmap.sty can compensate in pdfTeX for some
scripts or languages. And that xunicode.sty and cmap.sty can do this
only for those constructs that make sense, that exist in Unicode,
while in arbitrary constructs both will fail. I somehow abbreviated
my eMail – it was a bit late for me!

--
Greetings

   Pete

One cannot live by television, video games, top ten CDs, and dumb
movies alone
				– Amiri Baraka, 1999