[XeTeX] XeTeX error, no PDF

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at mac.com
Tue Jan 1 16:15:43 CET 2008

I just noticed, having switched to xdv2pdf, that I'm getting an
'<Error>: WARNING:' message:

This is XeTeXk, Version 3.141592-2.2-0.997 (Web2C 7.5.6)
  %&-line parsing enabled.
entering extended mode
(./Monaco-new.tex
Overfull \hbox (9.57358pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 154--154
[]\sm 1) The last ruler of Monaco to descend patrilineally from the
Grimaldi fa
mily was Princess Louise-Hippolyte |
[1]Tue Jan  1 10:08:54 stephen-moyes-power-mac-g5.local xdv2pdf[484]
<Error>: WARNING: Type1 font data returned by OFAStreamPSDownload
isn't in the correct format required by the Adobe Type 1Font Format
specification.
  )
(see the transcript file for additional information)
Output written on Monaco-new.pdf (1 page).
Transcript written on Monaco-new.log.

I have not noticed this in the past I think. Again, as far as I know
the only typeface I'm using in these files is Hoefler Text. In spite
of the warning, things seem to be coming out correctly.

Thanks again.

Stephen Moye