[XeTeX] Preview package with XeLaTeX

Easter Sunshine eastersunshine at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 23:40:53 CET 2008

Hi, I'd like to be able to use the preview package to
generate a PDF showing only one environment such as a
TiKZ figure. I have included a minimal .tex file which
compiles as expected with pdflatex but produces
incorrect results without error with xelatex (it is on
a letter-sized page). I have attached pdflatex's
output PDF to show what I'd like.

I have tried passing a couple of driver options to the
preview package (such as dvips and xdvipdfmx), and
also tried -no-pdf followed by an xdvipdfmx and
received a lot of warnings but I'm not sure if they
are relevant.

(I am using TeXLive 2007 but I think Gentoo's portage
system updates certain packages past what was released
with TeXLive.)

Thanks,
-Easter Sunshine

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs