[XeTeX] Sigla for handscripts

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Feb 27 14:12:06 CET 2008

On 27 Feb 2008, at 12:24 pm, Benjamin Koppe wrote:

> I found it is Helvetica, what he computer uses, because he won't fin
> the od scripts...:

> *** font activation failed (status=0): yfrak.pfb
>
> *** font yfrak (yfrak-Regular: file 'yfrak.pfb') not found
>
> *** font yfrak (yfrak.pfb) not found, will substitute Helvetica glyphs
> exception: SimplePSInterpreterException  reason: condition in if is
> not a boolean
>
> *** font activation failed (status=0): yswab.pfb
>
> *** font yswab (yswab-Regular: file 'yswab.pfb') not found
>
> *** font yswab (yswab.pfb) not found, will substitute Helvetica glyphs
>   )
>
> Do fontspec and friends switch off other fonts? Or why is it this font
> is not found anymore?

Apparently these are old PFB-format PostScript fonts. xdv2pdf (being
based on Mac OS X graphics) can't use those directly, so it attempts
to convert them to an sfnt-packaged format, but this conversion is
failing.

The simplest solution is probably to use the xdvipdfmx driver
instead. If you're using TeXShop, enable the "xelatex-xdvipdfmx"
engine (move it from ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Inactive/XeTeX/XeLaTeX-
xdvipdfmx.engine to the main Engines folder) and choose this in place
of the default XeLaTeX engine.