[XeTeX] PDF files only sporadically included

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Feb 26 13:44:59 CET 2008

Le 26 févr. 08 à 08:37, Dominic Yu a écrit :

> I think the problem is in the pdf file, but here's my test latex
> code anyway:
>
> %!TEX TS-program = xelatex
> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \setmainfont{Times Roman}
> \begin{document}
> hello
>
> \XeTeXpdffile "pdf/1234.pdf" width \textwidth
>
> hello again
> \end{document}

Given you're obviously on the Mac, and given the line

> %!TEX TS-program = xelatex

it's xdv2pdf you're using for xdvi-to-pdf conversion, not xdvipdfmx. I
don't think \XeTeXpdffile would work with xdvipdfmx anyway.

Or did you modify ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/XeLaTeX.engine to call
xdvipdfmx, instead of using the provided ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/
XeLaTeX-xdvipdfmx.engine?

Does the problem change if you call the graphicx package and replace

> \XeTeXpdffile "pdf/1234.pdf" width \textwidth

by

\graphicspath{{pdf/}}
\includegraphics[width=\textwidth]{1234}

Bruno Voisin