[XeTeX] Setting alphanumerical math font

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 01:37:36 CET 2008

On 18/02/2008, at 10:52 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 17.02.2008 um 23:43 schrieb Tammo Jan Dijkema:
>
>> Is there any way to have the $n$ (not enclosed within \mathrm) set
>> in some font?
>
> Yes: $n$. Even if the font used is invisible.
>
> Or: can you describe your wish in a way that we understand?

Tammo was perfectly comprehensible to me: he wants to change the maths
font used for alphanumerics to an OpenType font.

> In which way is your wish deviating from the examples on page 7 of
> the fontspec documentation? You don't like Optima?

That's a particularly confusing example. I'll have to change that.
Optima is being chosen as the mathrm font. So \mathrm{X} gives you an
"X" in Optima. This is clearly not what the OP wanted.

Will