[XeTeX] fontspec + ExternalLocation

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Thu Feb 14 06:56:45 CET 2008

On Feb 14 at 01:41:50, Will Robertson wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
> It *should* be possible to write
> \setmainfont[
> ExternalLocation=/Users/tas/texmf/fonts/opentype/tas/agaramond/,
> BoldFont=AGaramondPro-Bold.otf,
> ItalicFont=AGaramdonPro-Italic.otf,
> BoldItalicFont=AGaramdonPro-BoldItalic.otf
> ]{AGaramondPro-Regular.otf}
> But let me know if it doesn't work :)
> One other thing -- if those fonts are found by kpsewhich, then you
> don't need to specify the external location. I.e., it should still
> work by writing
> \setmainfont[ExternalLocation,BoldFont=...]{..}
> Hope this helps,
> Will

Hi Will,

thanks a lot; both solutions work beautifully! I saw you sent a
message to the list about ExternalLocation a while ago, and the
response was a bit underwhelming, but I still think it would be a good
idea to have such an example in the manual; I have lots of opentype
fonts in my $HOMETEXMF and would like to use them.

Thanks, and best wishes

Thomas